Hello again.
This is my first formal entry and im going to get right to it.
Two weeks before leaving New Delhi, India for college in the United States, I saw myself sitting on my bed, watching a movie, thinking about the 'year-off' that was coming to an end.
I remember, before even starting the year about how i wanted some form of adventure and i didnt have a place to go. Just the same old working and golfin' in the day, and bribing one cop or another to get into a club that played horrid music with a crowd that barely mingled. YES! Of course i love that, because all it was about was what you are wearing or who you are with or to show the other person that your having a great time, but inside you know that neither you nor the other people are actually having such a 'good time'. Having a whole year go by in that way made me a bit lazy and uninterested in anything.
There was nothing new here. Nothing new back home that i could explore. At least that is what I was forced to think. So, going back to my story, while watching that movie, I got a call from my cousins who had supposedly flown down to Delhi that morning from Bombay.
These guys were fun. One of them is actually getting married this november in India. I wonder if college will let me go down there (we don't like to miss weddings). Anyway... I picked up the phone and my cousins said, "hey we are in your town, headed up to the mountains in a bit so we thought we would meet you before you left for the US." Though it was late it struck me that I have been waiting to go backpacking with these two for god knows how many years. Finally! I had a chance to go, two weeks before college started. I stopped caring about everything ( which is very unlike me) and packed up my bags. I called them back and asked if i could come with, and that I would return home on my own so that they could carry on even after I left. They were more than happy to have me with them. Little did we know that the weather was going to get worse and there would be cloud bursts all around the area which we planned on going to...
LOL, GLOW! That's what happens when you make plans, something always happens to make sure they don't work out! I love your writing tone, goofy and relatable! I also love all your stories! Keep on truckin' Gokies!
ReplyDelete